As a result of the efforts of the entire recreation services team, beginning today, Friday June 19 at 2:00 p.m., Splash Pads in Arthur and Mount Forest will be open to the public daily, from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. with a break in the day to allow for additional disinfection.
To protect public safety and ensure our recreation amenities can remain open, the Township of Wellington North has developed signage and disinfection procedures that align with the Provincial and public health regulations and guidelines.
Please note that the splash pads will not be staffed by the Township.
The Mount Forest Lions Splash Pad at 326 Wellington Street East, in Mount Forest, will be disinfected daily prior to opening and closed daily from 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. for a second disinfection.
The Arthur Optimist Splash Pad at 158 Domville Street, in Arthur, will be disinfected daily prior to opening and closed daily from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. for a second disinfection. We strongly encourage the public to follow all rules posted at the splash pad as failure to comply with posted rules may result in personal fines, increased risk of infection, as well as the possible
closure of this recreation amenity.
Please protect yourself and others and help us keep these amenities open.
• Practice physical distancing
• Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill
• Wear appropriate protective equipment where physical distancing is a challenge
• Wash your hands frequently, use hand sanitizer and practice good hygiene
• Get tested if you are showing symptoms of COVID-19
• Be courteous of others, keep your visits to a maximum of 30 minutes
• A maximum of 10 users, including observers are permitted at a time on the splash pad
and seating area.
7490 Sideroad 7 W, PO Box 125,
Kenilworth, ON N0G 2E0
1.866.848.3620 FAX 519.848.3228
We appreciate your patience as we continue to adapt to the evolving public health situation and
the easing of restrictions by the Province of Ontario. As a reminder to residents, playgrounds
Please consult local public health for more information about COVID-19 at
https://www.wdgpublichealth.ca/ or 1-800-265-7293.