Local News

Mount Forest Fire Sends Three People and 3 Pets To Hospital

MOUNT FOREST – An accidental cooking fire in Mount Forest resulted in nearly $250,000 in damages.  The blaze at 378 Peel Street was a challenge for fire fighters.
North Wellington Fire Chief Dave Guilbault says three people were  sent to hospital, including two tenants, one tenant with first and second degree burns. A firefighter was also taken with heat exhaustion. All  were released last evening. One female needed to be rescued via ladder from second floor by firefighters.
Two dogs and three cats were also rescued by firefighters from second floor via ladder. The Pet Rescue Kits were used on all animals. They were transported to Heartland Animal Hospital in Listowel