TOWN of MINTO – A homeowner from the Town of Minto is facing serious injuries after a fire today on the 16th Line in the Town of Minto.
Fire crews rushed to the home around 6:25 am this morning. The Minto fire department says the victim caught on fire while trying to start his corn stove and was hit with a flashback. The man ran out of the home and rolled in the snow to extinguish the flames.
He was taken to a local hospital and then airlifted to Hamilton General with serious burns. The man is in stable condition.
The Office of the Fire Marshal has been contacted.